Saturday, March 05, 2005

TO BE OR NOT TO BE…

I am living a dream.
No, it is not a beautiful illusion.
Nor is it a horrific nightmare.
Nothing as unusual or as extreme.
It is just an unreal dream.
People are mere phantoms of their real selves.
Events are vague shadows in a remote part of my mind.
Circumstances do not seem aggravating anymore.
Results do not matter.
And when I cry, it’s like someone’s crying far away.
And when I laugh, the laughter’s hollow.
Emotions do not touch me anymore.
Happiness, grief, joy, pain all seem a mockery.
Everything filters through a haze.
The worlds but a confused maze.
Don’t know why comes distress or death.
I remain strangely detached.
I hear but I do not listen.
I look but I do not see.
It’s as if I am forever deciding.
To be or not to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home