Wednesday, March 09, 2005

INSIGHT

Imagine a wide, sleek, black window…
A window of the finest dark glass you’ve ever seen.
It’s placed in one of those scary, magnificent buildings.
Abode of the privileged.
Places where gifted minds live.
They live in a closed cubicle.
A high closed cubicle.
Height is always a vantage point for the gifted.
It gives them power, prestige and of course the view…
It widens their field of vision.
Enables them to inspect far and wide.
They see so much and yet nothing.
From up there everything appears so minute.
Little houses, little streets, little cars, little people… little inconsequential entities.
The lights appear so bright and many.
Patches of shadow in between can be easily ignored.
They imagine in their closed prisons, they know all.
And they are happy with their knowledge.
The ones outside imagine that they in fact do know all.
And they are happy with their knowledge.
I stand behind such a window right now.
I see a flourishing, bustling city beneath me.
Writhing and almost overflowing with life.
So what if I miss the diseased centers.
Unseen plagues spread far and wide.
So what if I miss the misery and the mirth.
The ecstasy and the exile…too bad.
To my right lies a cold crumbling graveyard.
I see it in the center of those blinking lights.
Death and life reconciled??
I am happy.
Yet there is something which disturbs me.
It’s right beneath my nose, an inch from my mind.
Yet I cannot grasp it.
It’s my silhouette in the glass.
And within it I can see the graveyard.
The real graveyard.
Cold and crumbling…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home